[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sun May 24 05:14:07 JST 2020

#40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

  Open Date: 2020-05-23 18:07
Last Update: 2020-05-24 05:14

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40438
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40438

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

1. "libmingwex-5.3.1-mingw32-dll-2.tar.xz" is from this site & sha256sum
matches. 2. you can use any PE-tools analyzers to view this 'libmingwex-2.dll'
& see reported mistake: 'emutls_get_address' import is linked again to
'libmingwex-2.dll'. Windows10 (& for sure olders) will always refuse to load
this DLL. So.. it is up to you(? or your group) to fix (or not to fix?)

By the way, I downloaded source of 'mingw-org-wsl', but did not find there any
strings matching 'emutls_get_address'.. well I don't know much about
C-compilers, so... can't help you to find origin of mistake, but I am sure you
can do this.

this mingw looks fun, maybe I will look more at it.. Bye-Bye!

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: rosasmje
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: (None)
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

libmingwex-5.3.1 is BUGGY! it imports from self procedure
"__emutls_get_address", while not exporting it. thus any linked app would not
start. changed to --static also submitted this as review. also tested Version
5.2.2, it is good; it has not any "__emutls_get_address" inside;

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net