论坛: M+ BITMAP FONTS (Thread #31367)

How to use all the characters? (2012-01-15 07:39 by pkhunter #61699)

I notice inside this font that there are many symbols, numbers, even Chinese characters. This is great.

My questions:

1. How can i use these symbols? For example, the dingbat type icons, where do they get used?

2. I want to serve this font as a webfont. I want to compress the font for this purpose. Right now the TTF is 3MB. So it's quite large. I cannot even use this on FontSquirrel's webfont generator site because they only accept 2MB TTF uploads to convert it into EOT, WOFF, etc. Do you have any recommendation or any downloadable files for compressed version of this font, which is lower than 100KB?

Thanks so much!

回复到 #61699×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) 登录

RE: How to use all the characters? (2012-01-15 23:06 by coz #61719)

Suppose you're talking about the M+ OUTLINE FONTS.

- - - - -

> 1. How can i use these symbols?
I use "Character Viewer" on Mac OS X, and I don't know about Windows.

> 2. I want to serve this font as a webfont. I want to compress the font for this purpose.
The following programs would be useful.
# But I'm sorry that I don't know how to use it.

FontForge
http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/
回复到 #61699

回复到 #61719×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) 登录