[macemacsjp-english 39] Re: Question regarding mac-utf

Back to archive index

Martin Buchmann Marti****@uni-j*****
Tue Apr 5 18:08:51 JST 2005

Hi Seiji,

Seiji Zenitani said the following on 05.04.2005 5:00 Uhr:

> Dired is WORKING (in both cases of with/without
> cabon-emacs-japanese-init.el) though umlauts are displayed as white
> squares. Is this right?

No, Dired is working if i'm not loading mac-utf. Then umlauts are
displayed as white squares, as can be seen here:

http://www.uni-jena.de/~p4buma/downloads/Example1.jpg

If i load mac-utf and try to invoke Dired by pressing C-x d i just get
the following error:

setq: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

But, if i set (setenv "LC_ALL" "C") in my .emacs after requiring mac-utf
the umlauts are displayed as white squares too! I just found this out
while writing this mail. So, my first no from above is wrong.

> If so, there is hope. I am improving an alpha
> code week by week.
> (http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/.Public/screen.jpg)

That look's good to me :-) Thanks for your efforts!

   Martin

--
Electrocution, n.:
	Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.