[macemacsjp-english 58] Re: Cut and Paste from OSX apps?

Back to archive index

Justin Burket (KL1RL) zorto****@jtan*****
Mon Apr 25 16:28:13 JST 2005

> Probably it depends on your clipboard coding system. By default, it is
> set to Shift-JIS-mac (standard encoding in Japan) and it may not fit to
> your system.
>
> 	(set-clipboard-coding-system 'sjis-mac)
>
> For example, could you please change the coding system by adding the
> below line to your .emacs.el? Dear all, what encoding are you using?
>
> 	(set-clipboard-coding-system 'mac-roman)

How would I tell which coding system i'm using? Forgive me if this is
easy or should be known by me :)

I tried both mac-roman and utf-8.  Neither enabled clipboard operating.

Thanks,
Justin KL1RL
Fairbanks AK