[macemacsjp-english 262] Re: emacs as mailto target

Back to archive index

Jesse Alama alama****@stanf*****
Sat Oct 8 15:22:03 JST 2005

As an initial solution, try this:

(setq browse-url-browser-function
      '(("^mailto:" lambda (url &rest stuff) (compose-mail (substring url 7)))
        ("." . browse-url-default-macosx-browser)))

I just tried this out by putting

mailto:alama****@stanf*****

in my *scratch* buffer, putting point at the beginning of this URL,
evaluating `browse-url', and I was prompted with a message buffer
whose `to' field was initialized to `alama****@stanf*****'.

More elaborate parsing of the input from `browse-url' is possible;
currently, my minifunction just extract the addressee field.  (The
purpose of `(substring url 7)' is to strip away the first seven
characters of the value of `url', which begins with "mailto:", which
has seven characters.)

I'm not sure whether this hack will work in wanderlust.

Good luck,

Jesse

--
Jesse Alama (alama****@stanf*****)