[macemacsjp-english 785] Re: emacs/latex problem

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Wed Dec 20 07:17:04 JST 2006

Hi,

On 2006/12/19, at 16:10, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
> > There must be some evidence why no PS output was created. Recent
> > implementations of dvips have a safety option active not to load any
> > files "from above" your DVI file's file system level ...
>
> In the Terminal shell dvips and ps2pdf work fine, i.e. I run:
>
> $ dvips lec2.dvi -o lec2.ps
> $ ps2pdf lec2.ps lec2.pdf
>
> It seems to me that the problem is that Carbon emacs does not have access
> to all latex and open commands.

Could you tell me where the above commands are located?

$ which dvips
$ which ps2pdf

On 2006/12/19, at 16:13, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Seiji Zenitani wrote:
> >
> > If Roussanka uses the latest release, her AUCTeX should be 11.83.
>
> I do not have AUCTeX. I use Gerben Wierda's redistribution of Thomas
> Esser's teTeX.
>
> Roussanka

No, no.  AUCTeX is a name of 'enhanced TeX mode' of emacs.  Many people prefers it to emacs's built-in tex-mode, and my Carbon Emacs distribution uses AUCTeX by default.  You will see several AUCTeX-related items in the "LaTeX" menu in the menu bar.

Sincerely,
Seiji