[Mingw-users] can't install mingw for Scilab

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sat Mar 9 01:13:11 JST 2019

On 08/03/19 13:07, Foad Sojoodi Farimani wrote:
> My first post here. So my apologies in advance if I'm making any
> mistakes.
>
> I have originally posted this question here on StackOverflow
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55063203/atomsinstall-cant-find-the-mingw-compiler-installed-through-chocolatey>.

Good luck with that; SO is a great place to go, if you want bad, and
just downright wrong advice, or disinformation.

> basically I have mingw installed through chocolatey

No, you have not, because chocolatey is not a supported way to install
MinGW; whatever you have installed, it is not MinGW.  I suggest that you
seek support from whoever provides the bogus system, which you have
installed.

> and its path is known by the operating system (i.e. I can run g++ and
> gcc in the terminal). However I can't get it to be called by Scilab
>
> atomsInstall('mingw')
>
> leading to
>
> Mingw Compiler support for Scilab
>     Load macros
> WARNING: MinGW Compiler not detected.
>     Load help
>
> when trying to load it.

Or, you could seek support from the Scilab folks.

> I would appreciate if you could help me know what is the problem and
> how I can resolve it.

No idea.  Since you are not using MinGW.org tools, installed by any
mechanism which we support, you need to seek support from the providers
of the actual tools which you have chosen to use.

--
Regards,
Keith.