[tomoyo-dev-en 78] Re: Patch for Grsecurity

Back to archive index

Jamie Nguyen dysco****@gmail*****
Thu Jan 13 09:07:52 JST 2011

Jamie Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently building kernels patched with both grsecurity and
> ccs-patch. I am using kernel 2.6.32.28, followed by grsecurity patch.
> ccs-patch does not apply on top of this, so I have done so manually. I
> have created a diff and have placed it in
> "branches/test-patches/ccs-patch-2.6.32-grsecurity-2.2.1-2.6.32.28-201101120010.diff".
> I hope this is OK, I thought it would be the easiest method of showing
> you the patch. As far as I can tell, things are working correctly (I
> haven't tested thoroughly). I would appreciate it if you could take a
> look at the patch, as I was wondering if there are any serious
> concerns about using both of these patches together? I am not sure if
> they would do something unexpected and actually result in a huge
> security flaw.

Regarding the previous email, here's a link to the grsecurity patch I used:
http://grsecurity.net/stable/grsecurity-2.2.1-2.6.32.28-201101120010.patch

I am also building a 2.6.36.3 kernel with both grsecurity and
ccs-patch. This time, ccs-patch applied fine, but there are once again
several files that are changed by both of the patches. I notice that a
while ago you did create a patch for 2.6.32-grsecurity. Other than
accounting for the different lines, did you have to make any changes
to ccs-patch in order to build against grsecurity? I am hoping that
both patches shouldn't break anything major when applied together.

Here's a link to the later grsecurity patch for 2.6.36.3:
http://grsecurity.net/test/grsecurity-2.2.1-2.6.36.3-201101120010.patch

Kind regards