[tomoyo-dev-en 247] Re: About supporting policy namespace.

Back to archive index

Jamie Nguyen jamie****@tomoy*****
Sat Jun 4 07:29:18 JST 2011

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Jamie Nguyen wrote:
>> Though I feel like there isn't enough differentiation in meaning
>> between "initialize" and "restart".
>
> I'm purposely choosing a word that has similar meaning.
> Both "initialize_domain" and "restart_domain" shorten domainname (where the
> current process will belong to) by truncating domainname; the difference is
> that the former preserves <current_namespace> part whereas the latter
> overwrites <current_namespace> part.
>
>> Perhaps transit is a better fit,
>
> "transit_domain" ? I prefer "transit_namespace" (or "initialize_namespace")
> over "transit_domain" because users might misunderstand that
> "no_transit_domain" == "keep_domain" and "transit_domain" == "no_keep_domain".

Yeh I'd be happy with "restart_domain".  I think I've changed my mind
so often that I don't even know what I prefer anymore! :-D To be
honest, I don't think I'm 100% happy with any of the options we've had
so far, but then again most of them would be usable enough.

So let's settle on "restart_domain"? I think we've finally found a winner.