[tomoyo-users-en 151] [RFC] Tomoyo ASK mode

Back to archive index
Radosław Szkodziński astra****@gen2*****
Mon Apr 26 06:36:31 JST 2010

[Please CC, I'm not subscribed to the list]

Hello,
thank you for the excellent piece of software that is TOMOYO Linux.

I'd like this one feature implemented to extend Tomoyo's reach to more
desktop use cases.
The feature would be simple: allow means to call a notification
executable on any failed security hook if e.g. TOMOYO_ASK is
set in the profile. Of course that application would have to be added
to manager.conf if it needs to change the policy, but that's irrelevant.

Some simple communication protocol would have to be defined (e.g.
command line options).

I'm not sure if it's possible to block in an LSM hook w/o hanging the
machine... I hope it is.

Another semi-related feature would be to a way to disable logging for
some matches. (ones expected to fail) This should reduce unnecessary
clutter.

Radoslaw