[macemacsjp-english 279] Hiragana in Emacs

Back to archive index

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.f****@ed*****
Tue Oct 11 23:26:11 JST 2005

Hi,

Although this is perhaps slightly OT, I cannot think of a better place
to ask this question.

I am running the latest build of the "Japanese Carbon Emacs" on a Mac
OS 10.4.2.

Unrelated to this, I have recently started learning Japanese and
naturally I would like to be able to create documents in Hiragana,
say, using Emacs.  I have no idea how to do this!  Could someone
perhaps enlighten me or point me in the right direction?

Notice that I got rid of the Japanse localization .el file in the
site-start directory, since my computer is localized to English and my
usual linguistic environments are English, Spanish and French.

Many thanks in advance,

José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
School of Mathematics           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553