[macemacsjp-english 280] Re: Hiragana in Emacs

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Wed Oct 12 05:36:44 JST 2005

Am 11.10.2005 um 16:26 schrieb Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill:

> Unrelated to this, I have recently started learning Japanese and
> naturally I would like to be able to create documents in Hiragana,
> say, using Emacs.  I have no idea how to do this!  Could someone
> perhaps enlighten me or point me in the right direction?

There are some Elisp files inside its bundle that contain Japanese
glyphs. They start with

	-*- coding: iso-2022-7bit -*-

Then you need to know the input method, the Elisp files that support
that ...

Maybe a simple

	(set-language-environment    'Japanese)

does most.