[tomoyo-dev-en 86] Re: Access Logs

Back to archive index

Jamie Nguyen dysco****@gmail*****
Tue Jan 18 08:51:39 JST 2011

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Jamie Nguyen wrote:
>> I did not notice this 1st-step directory until you mentioned. The
>> really useful part of 1st-step is the installation steps, which are
>> different depending on package manager etc.
>
> If we provide repositories like http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/1.7/install.html ,
> that won't make big difference.
>
> Should we provide binary packages for x86_64 (rather than x86_32)
> for TOMOYO 1.8 because x86_64 is getting common?

I imagine it is quite a lot of work to provide binary packages for
many distributions, as you have to rebuild every time a distribution
pushes a kernel update (very often) and every time a new ccs-patch is
released. If you do decide to provide binary packages, I would think
that providing for both x86_32 and x86_64 would be best.

>>                                  Also information on how to set up
>> audit logs is different per distribution, so these could be integrated
>> into step 2.5 of 1.8/phase-2.html .
>
> As ccs-auditd no longer requires command line arguments, we no longer need to
> prepare a wrapper like http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/1.7/1st-step/ubuntu10.04/#l4 .
> All we need to do is simply
>
>  echo /usr/sbin/ccs-auditd >> /etc/rc.local

I mentioned this because I saw in 1.7/1st-step/ubuntu10.04 there are
some instructions involving update-rc.d etc. While in centos5
ccs-auditd is started in /etc/rc.local.

> As I have not started providing binary packages for TOMOYO 1.8 ,
> tutorial-\$.html for TOMOYO 1.8 are hidden from index page.
> If it is better to start tutorial-\$.html as soon as possible (i.e. without
> support for binary installation from repositories), let's start.

Yes, I will have time to work on the tutorial on Thursday and at the weekend :-)